We are proud to present our extensive breakfast menu, on which we hope you will find something a little different to try. We do cater for most diets, and would be happy to try to meet any specific dietary requirements, provided you give us prior warning.
We serve breakfast in the dining room from 8:00 – 9:00am or 8:00 - 9:30am at busy times. You will be given a menu when you arrive and asked to complete it the night before. A fresh menu can be filled in every day of your stay, so that you can try something different each day.
Fruit Juices - self-service selection available in the dining room.
Starters - choice of porridge, fresh fruit, yoghurt or a variety of cereals.
All starters, except the porridge, are self-service in the dining room.
- Eggs, boiled, poached or scrambled
- Scrambled egg with smoked salmon
- Scottish Breakfast, choose from link sausage, bacon, fried eggs, haggis, tomato,
potato scone, beans, mushrooms, fried bread and black pudding
- Cheese and tomato omelette.
- Vegetarian Special, consisting of potato scone, fried eggs, vegeterian haggis,
beans, mushrooms, fried bread and tomato
- Warmed Waffles with maple syrup
- Warmed Scottish Pancakes, served with maple syrup
- Cold Continental Selection: cold meat, cheese, hard boiled egg, fresh tomato
Coffee - Fresh, filtered Colombian roast coffee is self service in the dining room. Decaffeinated coffee is also available
Tea - We have a selection of teas, including Scottish Blend, Darjeeling, Assam and Earl Grey. We also have a variety of caffeine free herbal fruit teas to choose from.
Hot Chocolate - Instant, mixed with hot water.
Breakfast in Bed
If preferred, we can instead of a cooked breakfast, serve a simple Continental breakfast tray in your room after the main breakfast is finished. There is a choice of Orange Juice, Cereal, Toast, Marmalade, Strawberry Jam, Butter, and Tea or Coffee.
Note that in accordance with the law in Scotland, the lounge/dining room is a non-smoking area, as is the rest of the guest house.